Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am trying to install Adobe Photoshop and it is asking for the Serial number of my laptop. I am entering it correctly, (having checked and re-checked several times) but it tells me it is invalid. I am not technologically minded so an answer in laymans terms would be greatly appreciated; thank you, regards, Gaynor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GyllyDP wrote:

PS Its a CDRom not on-line

Hi,

If on a CD, the key must be on it.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Very simple question: did you buy the product from Adobe ? Where dod you get HP key ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

Hi I think we bought it in PCWorld. it's quite old now but as yet but unused. What is the HP Key (are you taliking about the serial number? If so, its under the battery on my PC and on all the receipts and Paperwork I have related to my PC. If this is not what you mean, please clarify the term HP key) Thanks

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@GyllyDP wrote:

Hi,

If on a CD, the key must be on it.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Ok it may be but I havent got past the first login field which asks for user name (which was filled in already; The Organization which is also already filled in then the serial number which I have to fill in. I know it is entered correctly, but I can't get past this. Presumably the key comes after this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.