Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G7 250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After SD card reader driver update cant see it in the device manager.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Insert a SD card in the slot and see if it shows up then and reads the card.

I have a 350 G1 and the SD card reader doesn't show up in the device manager unless I insert a SD card.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

first of all, thank you for your fast reply.

I already inserted the SD card in a slot,  unfortunately, nothing happened.

Still can't see it. 

Best regards,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's not good...

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to reinstall the driver from your notebook's support page, restart the PC, and see if that gets it to show up.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96542.exe

If that doesn't work either, go to the device manager.  Click on the View tab at the top of the Window.

Select the option to 'Show hidden devices.'

See if you can then find the SD card reader listed in light shade.

If you do, right click on it and select Uninstall.   Check the Uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and see if W10 installs it to an active status.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

thanks again 🙂

I tried your solution but nothing.

In the first place I tried to use the driver you gave me in the link, but I got a message: not supported, my windows version is 1909 driver is for older versions. After I use HP Support Assistant to upgrade the old driver, everything went wrong. After update now I can't see my SD card. I will try to reinstall the windows.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that seems to be your only option at this point.

I would not attempt to update the driver once you get the SD card working again, that's for sure.  😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.