Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Laptop 16-d0xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

My problem is cannot enable optane memory after non-optane.

My laptop has pre-installed Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage

Introduction

Yesterday, HP Support Assistance automatically update BIOS and ask me to restart.
After that, BIOS can't look up for boot device. Which end up (3F0)

challtshan_1-1640103623445.jpeg

(Shouldn't have this problem in first place. but, I understand that this problem may be from Intel side too. )

So, I tried multiple solutions that based on HP document or other forums. Seem there aren't any document related to Victus16

Anyway, Here what I have done 

1. Non-optane in BIOS setting.

2. Boot up into Windows11 installer and use Windows's Diskpart command to clean all  Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 storage

3. Re-install Windows11 into Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 storage not optane memory

4. After installation, Install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver at 

Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d0000 (2V8V2AV) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Custo...

5. Install Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management from Windows Store

(If I remember correctly, previous installation OS come with Windows Store)
6. I can't enable Optane memory. Here is a result from Intel® Optane™ Memory and Storage Management

challtshan_3-1640104702341.png

challtshan_4-1640104786662.pngchalltshan_5-1640104824570.png

challtshan_6-1640104860826.png

--------

Also, my OS detect Optane memory but, seem it treat as a disk drive

A result from Device Manager:

challtshan_7-1640105005743.png

and Disk Management

challtshan_8-1640105118066.png

All is GPT

Here is what I tried to resolve problem

1. Follow this solution from Intel

Error Stating "There Are No Valid Disk Pairs in The System with... (intel.com)

2. Use Windows Diskpart - clean all, to Optane H10 memory drive and set it as GPT 

Still not able to re-enable optane memory.

Any solution?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Update

1. I tried using hp revoery to factory reset laptop. Still not working

2. I tried flashing BIOS with same version, still not working. (newest version)

Concern

1. After i search for many solution, I found out that it must do something in BIOS (such enable 

Configure Storage Controller for Intel Optane -- refer HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support)
2. My BIOS seem locked or hidden some configuration. I can't access to it in order to enable optane configuration as i described above.

If my concern is correct, Is there any solution or any help from HP?
HP Recommended

@challtshan

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, this seems like hard drive realted issue. If hard drive test fails that will corner down the issue. 

Let's run diagnostics to rule out other hard drive issues.

1. Start or restart the computer.
  2. Press F2 repeatedly during start up to enter the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.
  3. Select Component Tests > Hard Drive > Quick Test.
  4. Select drive C:.
  5. Click Run Once.
  6. Once the test completes, results are displayed on screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake,

I already ran diagnostics. However, it's different from instruction you gave.

I ran test all storage drives that installed into laptop

Here result:

challtshan_0-1640529342634.png

WD Black is my own SSD. Installed before optane problem occur

HP Recommended

The hard drives/SSDs are in good shape. You have 2 physical devices. A WD Black NVME M.2 SSD and then an Intel combination drive that is both an SSD and an Optane module. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/memory-storage/optane-memory/optane-memory-...

You are not going to be able to use the Optane part of the Intel to accelerate the WD Black if that is what you are trying to do. 

HP Recommended

Hello Huffer,

I want to activate optane memory in Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with its SSD (not WD Black)

HP Recommended

Then remove the WD Black and install Windows on the Intel and try to reinitialize Optane acceleration then put the WD Black back in. All I can think to try. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.