Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy M7-u900dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Guys i need your help? I bought new hp laptop and it came with windows 10 64 bit  home operating system. I wanted the pro so i did a clean windows 10 pro 64bit  installation by formatting all my drive and installing the new windows.

After everything,the pc automatically installed all my drivers except the GPU drivers which is Nvidia geforce 940mx.

I updated the BIOS and my GPU (Nvidia geforce 940mx) was detected but anytime i try to install the Nvidia drivers my pc goes into Bluescreen with the error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR.

I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF THIS ANNOYING PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

THANKS 

THIS IS MY LAPTOP DETAILS 

Product number
W2K86UA
Product name
HP ENVY Notebook m7-u009dx (ENERGY STAR)
Microprocessor
Intel® Core™ i7-6500U with Intel® HD Graphics 520 (2.5 GHz, up to 3.1 GHz, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory, standard
16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Video graphics
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)
  • Discrete
Operating system
Windows 10 PRO 64
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Follow the suggestions here:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/amd-intel-switchable-graphics-card-error-solved-windows-10/

But don't install the Driver Easy program. 

Go into safe mode uninstall the Intel driver and get back to basic video and then install the nVidia driver first. You may have to do a hard reset. If worse comes to worse you may have to reinstall Windows. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks So much Sir.am downloading it now, any positive result will let you know. Thank Again

HP Recommended

Yes Sir, installing this driver, it says Nvidia cannot continue this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.

HP Recommended

Did you install the Intel driver first? 

Do both video "cards" show up in the device manager? 

HP Recommended

I Insatlled intel driver first. only the intel video card is showing in the device manger but the nvidia card is not showing up.

Am really confused sir. help me please 

HP Recommended

Follow the suggestions here:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/amd-intel-switchable-graphics-card-error-solved-windows-10/

But don't install the Driver Easy program. 

Go into safe mode uninstall the Intel driver and get back to basic video and then install the nVidia driver first. You may have to do a hard reset. If worse comes to worse you may have to reinstall Windows. 

HP Recommended

Thanks so so much sir. i did a hard reset and the windows automatically install the nvidia drivers. Thanks again if any problems i will let you know. thanks again 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.