Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

In Norway, and probably also in the EU, there is a limit for how long the producer has to repair the item.

In my case, the norwegian customer rights has decided the the reasonable time to repair is "somewhere below 6 weeks". Probably around 2-4 weeks, depending on the customer need, if the customer got a loan laptop etc.

I got the same problem as you. Black screen&keyboard in early january, with the mainboard delivery time starting at >1month, and ending at 3 months (april). 

HP could neither repair or get a new laptop inside reasonable time, meaning I could buy a new laptop locally and get the money back from HP (I could also get it from the store I bought the laptop from instead).

Check out your customer rights, and make HP pay. That's the only way corporate notices complaints. 

HP Recommended

Yeah unfortunately there is no rule like that here in the netherlands.

Hp want to replace my motherboard Wednesday even though that wont fixed and i told them already plenty of times. They said first replace the board after of problem will happen (it will) than they can try to look for an other solution hopefully my money back so i can go with lenovo so ridiculous HP 

HP Recommended

Sure you have rights. See UnanimousStargazer 's beautiful, if somewhat long, answer in this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/juridischadvies/comments/17rcutl/warranty_repair_takes_too_long_request_tem...

The dutch also has this "reasonable time" clause. HP (unfortunately) must be allowed to try to repair the laptop, but they must do it inside reasonable time. 

"Specifically take note of the words 'within a reasonable period of time and without serious inconvenience to the buyer'. Which means the seller cannot take this long to repair a laptop that should have been working in the first place.

So yes, you can indeed claim you must receive a temporary replacement laptop while the repair is ongoing. But the repair should also be expedited, as the seller didn't deliver a laptop that you could have expected"

Also, if the laptop fails inside of 6months, and is not repaired successfully on the first try, you should be able to get your money back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/jddkqs/lpt_under_eu_law_if_you_purchase_something_that...

@Robertmccall wrote:

Yeah unfortunately there is no rule like that here in the netherlands.

Hp want to replace my motherboard Wednesday even though that wont fixed and i told them already plenty of times. They said first replace the board after of problem will happen (it will) than they can try to look for an other solution hopefully my money back so i can go with lenovo so ridiculous HP 

HP Recommended

Thanks for all this man yeah my laptop is not in service center thats the problem they will come Wednesday to my house to do an onsite repair.

While this problem im having since November already 

HP Recommended

Yes, I'm having this problem with Omen 16 i9 13900HX RTX 4060. HP Service has been HELPLESS! Sorry, but they're not able to find their nose in front of a mirror. I found very frusting to deal with tech support - they do not want to address the issue and have VERY POOR knowledge in their products.

HP Recommended

I have hp omen rtx 4060 ryzen 7840hs

Facing same problem hope they replace it 

HP Recommended

It won't solve the issue, even with a new pc or motherboard the problem will happen again! I repaired my intel version removing the ribbon for the lid sensor as suggested (if anybody else was wants to know, IT WORKS) and I didn't face problems any longer. But we paid a lot of money for this machines, I don't even know if I can trust it - I really feel like already selling it. 😞

HP Recommended

Same issue. Purchased for Christmas 2023, black screened by May 1. HP is giving me the run around and even hassle about sending it in ( they want me to do the 32gb recovery drive procedure first, waste of time). I don't even know what to do at this point, Im a US customer direct purchase from HP so I think I'm out of luck for a refund?

HP Recommended

It's worth trying! I got my in Canada and I'm in NZ, so no lucky in this case. Sold my for a reasonable price and moved on. Good luck with pc

HP Recommended

Came here from reddit.

Ran into the same issue on my OMEN 16-wf0176ng which I got last year in July 2023.

Thanks for figuring out the workaround, saved me a lot of time and trouble. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.