Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just bought laptop 15s-eq0005ur with Vega 8 integrated graphics and it has the same problem. I don't need to waste 2 GB of RAM to dedicated video memory, I don't play games at all. Also other laptops dedicate only about 100 MB and videocard takes more only when it's needed, it's the special HP problem. The solutions written above don't work. Please help.

((I post it here again as it was moved))

HP Recommended

I agree with this. My own bought laptop if I can not use the way I want, the it's useless... Same isse 8 GB total

Hardware.

HP Recommended

@IrinaAnton, @Kunaraut,

Windows 10 64-bit using 2GB or more of your system RAM it totally normal. The usage will fluctuate depending on what other apps I'm using or what is loaded into Windows at the start-up.

Open task manager

select the performance tab and scroll down.

If you see Video, then you have shared video memory, which means it uses your main installed RAM.

Now select Memory. Do you see on the right side a large number for "Hardware Reserved"

If so, that is your RAM deducted for the Video.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The_Fossette,

This post is title "Any way to decrease Vega 8 Video Memory"

Responses which discuss other memory questions ARE NOT ANSWERS TO THE  CUSTOMER SUPPORT REQUEST.

As employees and representatives of HP your responses are held to a higher standard and must stay focused on the customer's request. Please, do not spam responses which do not answer the support request.

HP employees: please escalate this common issue to higher tier support so that customers can receive a solution.

HP Recommended

@snailmoresnail,

Please refer to the below article for more information on the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06526774

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Thanks for clear reply. Currently the answer is that the 5.92GB available is "by design."

Based on the frequency of this request from customers, I have the opinion that HP should open internal discussion to allow users to adjust dedicated VEGA 8 video memory in future firmware updates based on their needs.

Older request threads (>2 years) show that previous BIOS versions allowed this setting to be adjusted. Can HP bring back that user setting?

Regards,

HP Recommended

@snailmoresnail,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Your team will have trouble contacting me because I sold that crippled laptop for cash on craigslist. I need a machine that works out of the box, not a crippled device which cannot be fixed - - I'm sure you understand.

I am still here posting because I hope to help all of the others who bought this product and face the same issue.

Best,

HP Recommended

This is unacceptable... I installed 32GB of RAM and it tells me 7.4GB is available. So around 24GB is being used as VRAM?!
I have a x360 3700U Vega 10

HP Recommended

How did you manage to upgrade the RAM?

It is supposed to be integrated in motherboard right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.