Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen ax206na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All, 

So I bought a HP Omen ax206na from an online well known auction site with the i7 7700HQ CPU & the Nvidia 1050Ti GPU however I've had some problems bringing the laptop CPU to a decent temperature. 

When I first bought the laptop the CPU Fan was faulty so I swapped both the CPU &  GPU fans with NEW ones, cleaned the CPU & GPU and re pasted it using ARCTIC MX4.

When i pieced it back together, the fans worked however temperature on full load using intel CPU test utility went up to 92C so i stripped it down and rather than using the pea method with the paste I applied a spread of paste across and smoothed it some using the tool that comes with the MX4 paste. Now my temps are as seen in the pic below.

Using the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool & Core Temp my laptop got up to 87C on 100% during the CPU Load test and at idle whilst typing this its between 32 & 34C  are these temps acceptable or do i need to strip laptop down again?

4D5ED94D-E486-495D-B5F4-9CA94C5393AA.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

( first i m not a hp support staff i m just a simple user ) u can undervolting the cpu ( safe don t worry ) so if you wanna do it give me your discord name to help you undervolting your cpu 

HP Recommended

Would under volting / under clocking not affect the performance of the processor though like lower how many ghz the chip runs at ? I’d still like to ideally use it for gaming without losing to much FPS also I don’t have ‘discord’ but message me and I’ll let you know my Facebook link ... thanks 

HP Recommended

no it don t affect performance or fps  so  give your facebook username to help you undervolting

but underckloking affects performance

HP Recommended

i have send you a facebook message

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.