Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have pen that comes with elitebook- the directions are confusing on how to actually attach the pen to the device- not sure if there are 2 ways or you should do both and what screws need to come out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mlevine

As you can see, the first image shows 3 pieces: a black material, a string and the pen itself

pen1.JPG

The black material has a white tab and you can peel paper out then stick the white tab to the edge of the Elitebook screen

pen2.JPG

I do not stick them together now because I don't like this design. I think using few screws is not a good idea.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no room to attach a stylus to the machine. Please check the box, there is a piece of black material, you can glue it to the edge of the screen and mount the stylus to it.

Not a good design but it is ok for now.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Is there a way to send a picture? Pen has instructions on how to attach but hard to understand
HP Recommended

@mlevine

As you can see, the first image shows 3 pieces: a black material, a string and the pen itself

pen1.JPG

The black material has a white tab and you can peel paper out then stick the white tab to the edge of the Elitebook screen

pen2.JPG

I do not stick them together now because I don't like this design. I think using few screws is not a good idea.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Suggestion : Leave the white tab on the black material.

You can slip it into the card reader slot.

pen1.jpgpen2.jpg

HP Recommended

Actually a better suggestion than the one I did, attaching to bottom of laptop. 

Spoiler
I called hp and they didnt even have a picture of what the penattachment looked like. When I sent it to them they had no info on how to attach it.
thanks
HP Recommended

Please can you tell what the ring included in the pen package is for?

HP Recommended

You will need the ring if you want to replace the tip of the pen.

The small hole in the ring allows to pull out the tip and replace it with a spare one.

Ring with spare tipRing with spare tip

HP Recommended

Thanks PaulT8. That helps a lot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.