Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G62-b31EE Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi.
I am facing this overheating issue since last 3 years and it is getting worse with every passing summer.

Whenever I run a software or try to play any game on this laptop it gets shutdown. The body is not physically warm enough for an overheated machine. I have also changed its thermal paste about 6 months ago. I worked pretty well in the first week but right after one week it started doing the same thing again. Now, even when there is no load on CPU and I run web browser or any other software, its CPU temperature starts rising and just at about 90 degree Celsius, it get turned off.

This is really frustrating because I can't do assignments or other any work properly on my machine. Kindly help me and tell me what should I do to get this fixed.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you do this yet?

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

When would be the last time you've downloaded Bios update?

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Did you do this yet?

HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I followed instructions provided in the link. I have done the following steps and so far the laptop is holding it's end of deal.

• I have changed the thermal gel of CPU.
  • Updated BIOS to latest version

Thanks again PeerOne and ichi730. You guys are awesome!

HP Recommended

I had updated BIOS about 2 months ago. Updated them again and changed the thermal gel of CPU. It's working smooth now. Thanks for the reply!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.