Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Does any body else have a ridiculous battery life with the HP ENVY Notebook??? i bought mine around 2 months back, it seems to be getting worse, i have nothing but the bare basics running and the screen brightness set to 70% when on battery life, i literally was using a single website with only that open within 10 minutes i have drained the battery down to 79%! do i have a faulty battery? ive ran the tests which comes back with OK thats certainly not OK for me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thanks huffer, il give it a go and contact hp tomorrow.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Which Envy notebook? They have been making them for years. If you ran the battery diagnostic, how many cycles is it saying you have on the battery? Likely not too many on a 2 month old laptop, granted. But the battery is warranted for a year and if you are getting less than an hour runtime I would make my case for a replacement. 

HP Recommended

Hi huffer, thank you for your reply. ironically its the HP ENVY Notebook-13-d008na (ENERGY STAR) POR94EA

cycle count is at 29/1000, i would suggest it is over an hour run time but even with the battery saver turned on i would say 2hours maximum when the description when i bought suggested upto 6 hours, i unerstand this is an estimation but the rates in which i am draining the battery for what i am using it for just dont seem right.

HP Recommended

Agreed. You are going to have to make a big stink about it to get any help because unless it tests as bad in the diagnostic HP is not going to want to replace it. But 2 hours is just not adequate. You should get at least 4-5. 

HP Recommended

thanks huffer, il give it a go and contact hp tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Bought the extended 2-year warranty on 2 HP Notebooks Model 15-ba113cl. Batteries last 4 hours max. with power saver on and low light! Lady at HP is trying to convince me that 4 hours is normal! This is NOT acceptable! This is the 21st century; these aren't laptops from 1990!

HP Recommended

The problem is the chemistry of Lithium has not really changed since 1990. I generally have to agree that 4 hours is not terrible battery runtime. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.