Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ak000nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I was offered today by an HP Support asssistant to update System BIOS for Intel. First trial to install it ended in failure, the second one took way too long so I hit stop button and deleted this update from assisstant's notification area. Postfactum I learned that this update was uneccessary at all. I heard that stopping the installation of this update would ruin my laptop's motherboard and I would not be able to boot my PC. But so far my laptop is booting normally. Should I be worried about stopping this whole installation process. Were my BIOS affected in any way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, there's nothing to worry about - if the update had completed preparations, the bios flash would have occurred when the machine first rebooted.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, there's nothing to worry about - if the update had completed preparations, the bios flash would have occurred when the machine first rebooted.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks, that is a relieve. I did not see anything flashing by reboot

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.