Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-eh1000 (2H5A7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

So I have an HP Pavillion 15-eh1070wm AMD Ryzen 7 5700U laptop with Windows 11 Home. I cannot update its BIOS version from AMI F.26 to F.28 (the latest) due to an error which states insufficient space. However, I have more than 18 GBs left in my C drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Bizenjo,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The issue you're encountering with insufficient space while trying to update your BIOS could be due to the temporary storage space required by the BIOS update process, which might not directly relate to the free space on your C drive. 

Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Steps to Resolve BIOS Update Issue

Check BIOS Update Requirements:

• Ensure that your laptop is connected to a power source during the BIOS update process.
  • Make sure all other applications are closed to prevent interference.

Free Up Temporary Storage:

• Clean up your temporary files and system cache.
    • Press Win + R, type cleanmgr, and press Enter.
    • Select the C drive and let the Disk Cleanup utility calculate the free space.
    • Check the boxes for Temporary files, Recycle Bin, and other files you can delete, then click OK and confirm to delete them.
  • Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool like CCleaner to clean up temporary files.

Check System Reserved Partition:

• The BIOS update might require space on the System Reserved Partition, which is a hidden partition on your hard drive.
  • To view the System Reserved Partition:
    • Press Win + X and select Disk Management.
    • Look for the System Reserved partition. It usually has no drive letter and is around 100-500 MB in size.
  • If the System Reserved partition is almost full, you may need to extend it or free up space by moving files.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Bizenjo,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The issue you're encountering with insufficient space while trying to update your BIOS could be due to the temporary storage space required by the BIOS update process, which might not directly relate to the free space on your C drive. 

Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

Steps to Resolve BIOS Update Issue

Check BIOS Update Requirements:

• Ensure that your laptop is connected to a power source during the BIOS update process.
  • Make sure all other applications are closed to prevent interference.

Free Up Temporary Storage:

• Clean up your temporary files and system cache.
    • Press Win + R, type cleanmgr, and press Enter.
    • Select the C drive and let the Disk Cleanup utility calculate the free space.
    • Check the boxes for Temporary files, Recycle Bin, and other files you can delete, then click OK and confirm to delete them.
  • Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool like CCleaner to clean up temporary files.

Check System Reserved Partition:

• The BIOS update might require space on the System Reserved Partition, which is a hidden partition on your hard drive.
  • To view the System Reserved Partition:
    • Press Win + X and select Disk Management.
    • Look for the System Reserved partition. It usually has no drive letter and is around 100-500 MB in size.
  • If the System Reserved partition is almost full, you may need to extend it or free up space by moving files.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I resolved this issue after resizing the EFI system reserved partition from 100 MBs to 400 MBs.

HP Recommended

HI @Bizenjo,

That's great! I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accept as Solution on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead! 

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.