Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a quastion about keayboard in my devace.

I have BIOS ver. 16 and i doesn't see options in menu "Built-in Device Options"  for include "Backlit keyboard timeout". Please tell me when will the keyboard enable feature be added all the time?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Elipmode

The backlit settings differs from model to mode which means, your device may not have the backlit keyboard time out option

You can check and try to make changes in the BIOS if your Notebook supports that feature

NOTE: If there is not a setting for the backlight timing in the BIOS, this behavior may not be supported on the notebook. 

Your BIOS version and screens might vary.

You can refer to this Link:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01612362

Thank you and have a great day 

1. Restart the computer and immediately press the F10 repeatedly until the BIOS opens.

2. Navigate to the Advanced tab. Use the arrow keys to navigate in the BIOS.

Use the down arrow key to highlight Built-in Device Options, and then press Enter.

The Advanced tab showing Built-in Device Option highlighted

3. Use the down arrow key in the Built-in Device Options to select Backlit keyboard timeout.

4. Press the spacebar to open the keyboard backlight settings. Select the desired setting for timeout of the backlighting.

Backlit keyboard timeout options

NOTE: Selecting Never makes the backlight stay on constantly unless you turn it off with the function key on the keyboard. If it remains on, your battery power could drain quickly.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for feedback but i have not this options in my BIOS. Please see printscreen in the attachmant.20191023_15434011.jpg20191023_1543592.jpg

HP Recommended

@Elipmode

Thank you for the response. If the feature is not listed in BIOS, I'm afraid it is not supported by the PC. This is as per design.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.