Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion G7-2223nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have had Win 10 installed on this for a while and had issues with it not always charging the battery, only doing it when the laptop is off and always showing battery plugged in but not charging. The UEFI installed currently only offers Memory Check and Hard Drive Check and I cannot get the hp support software to recognize it with windows 10 installed and there are not even drivers offered for windows 10 on the website in fact no updates for this laptop have been offered since 2013.

Ok, yes I realize this laptop has seen it's lifetime and then some, but it still runs and handles games even though I have issues with the cooling fan heating its corner up like an oven even when the rest of the laptop is cool even after I replaced it, the battery isn't getting hot nor is the hard drive.

I have a 184B mainboard with F.26 Bios on it, what if any assistance can be provided to help me solve at least some of this so I can keep using it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@toaddie49 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

I suggest you start with a hard reset: Click here for steps,

When done, you may want to check with an alternate power cord/adapter as it could be a malfunction that's causing this issue to occur, here's what you could do:

If the charger shows inconsistent power output values, I would suggest that you step into Best Buy or staples and try with a different adapter and that should isolate the issue to the adapter or the computer.

Please try a different battery on the unit as well. 

Do not buy the battery and adapter. It is only for testing.

Use spare ones that they may have. If it works correctly, then you could think of buying it.

Meanwhile, also, try the below:

Steps to uninstall the ACPI drivers

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Batteries>then select the s drivers and right-click on it and uninstall all battery drivers.

Then restart the computer and check again.

Link for battery testing and calibration

As for the device heating up: Click here for steps

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When done, you may want to check with an alternate power cord/adapter as it could be a malfunction that's causing this issue to occur, here's what you could do:

If the charger shows inconsistent power output values, I would suggest that you step into Best Buy or staples and try with a different adapter and that should isolate the issue to the adapter or the computer.

I have an HP, Generic and Universal Adapter all putting in same values

Please try a different battery on the unit as well. 

Do not buy the battery and adapter. It is only for testing.

Use spare ones that they may have. If it works correctly, then you could think of buying it.

I have more than one battery as I bought a new one when I first thought it was the issue and it produces the same issue as the old one

Meanwhile, also, try the below:

Steps to uninstall the ACPI drivers

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> Batteries>then select the s drivers and right-click on it and uninstall all battery drivers.

Then restart the computer and check again.

I did the uninstall and reinstall on restart and no change

Link for battery testing and calibration

As for the device heating up: Click here for steps

I did a full replacement on the fan unit it seems like the cpu/gpu is generating above normal heat the fan is hot enough to burn my skin on contact when it is running but nothing else gets hot

biggest issue is that the UEFI only has memory and hard drive test options and I cannot get updates on BIOS and UEFI for Windows 10 through the tool because the 2200 series never had a Win10 distribution and since 2013 no new updates were added. I can run a USB update on startup if one can be provided but my cmd prompt knowledge died when Windows upgraded from the `98 platform to the NT setup.

HP Recommended

@toaddie49 If you've done all that and yet the issue persists, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options:

follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

honestly I just need a downloadable version of the BIOS and UEFI updates for mainboard 184B that I can install via USB please, is there not a link you can give me for that?

HP Recommended

@toaddie49 I'm afraid this product doesn't support windows 10, hence there are no BIOS available with Windows 10 support on our website, that said, the only BIOS that's currently available on the HP website is for windows 8 64bit, version F.2A Rev.A, you may click here to download the same

For details on performing a BIOS recovery using the USB file, as you've mentioned: Click here

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.