Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-3067cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Model: Pavilion dv7-3067cl

Running Windows 7 (can't remember if 32 bit or 64 bit)

No software or hardware changes, although battery does not hold a charge and use AC Adapter [should probably get a new battery]

Yesterday afternoon I got the dreaded black screen on start-up.  At first there was a cursor at the top left corner, but that disappeared when I did Ctrl-Alt-Del.  [I usually hibernate my notebook instead of turning it off completely]

No beeps, but the CAPS & NUM lights blink twice which indicate a BIOS problem.  I tried the Ctrl and B held while powering on with no results.  With the various posts on the forum and other places, I have done the following to attempt to make a USB key:

HP_TOOLS volume (name of usb drive) with Hewlett-Packard file folder containing 3 folders named:  BIOS, BIOSUpdate, and SystemDiags.

I also downloaded the BIOS SoftPaq for my computer model (SP47531).  When I attempted to run the SP on my notebook with Windows 8, I get these messages/errors one after another:

1) Cannot open file....C:\Users\Aud\AppData\Local\Temp\InsydeFlash.exe

2) Cannot open file  C:\....\Local\Temp\iscflash.dll

3) Error Some file(s) could not be extracted

[FYI: Insydeflash is listed as one of the apps on Task Manager.  It is also in the location listed in #1 above]

When I attempt to run insydeflash.exe from the run prompt, the error box says "InsydeFlash can not load the driver.  Please close all applications.   If you are running this utility in Vista, please run as an administrator."

When I attempt to execute the BIOS SP using another notebook (running Windows 7), I get to the InsydeFlash screen (V3.73I00), but after I click start, my results are in this order:

1) IHISI: get support mode fail in SMI!

2) BIOS did not support InsydeFlash

I also used the HP Download and Install Assistant to download and install the BIOS SoftPaq with the same results listed above.

I also tried the previous BIOS version with the same results.

I would like to make this USB key so that I can see if my BIOS can be fixed, but I am stumped on how to get InsydeFlash to work so that I can extract the files from the SoftPaq BIOS for my model.

Thank you for your assistance.

Audrey

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

1-It is the Windows key + the B key to boot into BIOS recovery. Press & hold those keys. Press the power button- after releasing power button continue holding Win key and B key for a few seconds.

2-If no joy with Windows + B keys- try 7Zip to extract the BIOS files.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding your point #1, I mis-typed in my original post.  I did hold the Windows key and B.

Regarding point #2,  I extracted the files.  Once extracted, what files need to be moved to the usb and what file folder should they be moved to?

Thank you again for your help,

Audrey

HP Recommended

So, this is what I did next: 

I extracted the file 3635F13.FD. I copied it to the current and previous folders of the usb drive. I have also renamed it to 3635.BIN and copied to folders.

Back to the dv7 laptop with the battery removed and usb key inserted and using the AC adapter, I held the windows button and the B Key while powering on. After about 15 seconds, the laptop begins beeping (approx 23 beeps). Once the beeping stops, the LED lights of the CAPS LOCK & NUM LOCK still flash twice and the screen is black.

What next?

Thanks,

Audrey

HP Recommended

Hi,...

Have you solved this problem because I'm also facing it 😞

HP Recommended

I have had the exact same problem , been on days trying to create a usb flash drive to re-install my bios on an HP Pavilion g6 1242 sa . Its a pity you cant order one all ready loaded , might be a business idea for someone , if anyone can help i would be grateful    thankd  gilkouk  

HP Recommended
No i got no solution
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.