Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Team
New Laptop Backspace is not working. Even When i restarted , bootup not taking and showing black screen.
HP Laptop: 14-dq1025CL

edited***

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@BalrajSekar Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the backspace button is not working. 

Did you drop liquid or have any accidents with the keyboard? 

Did you check with an alternate user account or an external keyboard to check if all the keys on that work? 

  

I recommend the below steps: 

Clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust.  

Shut down the laptop, remove the battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds 

Replace the battery, restart the notebook, 

if the issue persists, change the keyboard layout and check if it works: Click here for steps. 

Also, run a hardware test to identify any issues with the keyboard: Click here for details (Interactive test) under component tests - keyboard. 

Please let us know the keyboard test result.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

HP Recommended

Try these steps:

1. Turn off the laptop.
  2. Power it on while clicking f2 on your keyboard, assuming that button still works.
  3. Click component tests.
  4. Click keyboard.
  5. Choose a compact layout with 1 Windows key and no Menu button.
  6. Press different keys to find out which ones are broken.

Other things to keep in mind:

• Try plugging in an external keyboard and seeing if that works.
  • If f2 doesn't work even with an external keyboard then you may have to boot into hp diagnostics by using alternative methods, see here and try creating a usb drive, plugging it into your pc and starting back at step 1 again.
  • If it is a new laptop and you have fully determined that it is a hardware defect you could either try to exchange it at the store you bought it at, sending it to HP as being a new laptop most likely means that it will have a warranty covering defects, or if your advanced enough you could buy a $10 keyboard that works for your model and replace it yourself.
  • Just in case your wondering, I looked and I don't see any major reports of keyboard defects with this product.

Have a nice day 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.