Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14s-dq1504na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Firstly my apologies for such a long post.

This subject seems to have been around before but not satisfactorily answered in my opinion.

As mentioned above I  have a HP Notebook 14s-dq1504na which is only about 5 months old with a "sealed internal battery".

The HP Support Assistant shows an "orange" i on the Taskbar

When the HP Support Assistant is opened it shows "Battery Calibration needed"

Click in the box and it shows on the left hand side under Status the "calibration needed". So click blue bar to run battery check.

After test is completed results show "Primary Battery: Calibrate (21) in orange. Message underneath says "Battery functioning correctly but it needs to be calibrated.

Click blue bar that states "Click here to learn how to calibrate battery".

Screen shows 4 steps on how to "validate your battery calibration".

Follow the 4 steps and at the bottom it states "If battery status is still calibrate you will need to run these tests again".

Have now run these tests 4 times with the same result.

Is a battery that has only been running for 5 months faulty?

How do you find out what battery is required?

How do you get a warranty replacement for the battery?

Can anyone help me please?!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Yes the repeated "calibrate" message means there is a problem with the battery. Its under warranty so HP should investigate and replace it for free. If you want to do it yourself and avoid the warranty hassle, which is more onerous than usual in the pandemic, post back and we can find you replacement instructions and a new battery you can likely get in 2-3 days from amazon uk for maybe 50-60 pounds. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

Thanks for the reply.

I must admit that I'm a bit perplexed!

I don't understand that if I'm entitled to a warranty replacement by HP why, from your reply, that process is very difficult and buying my own would be a "smoother" option?

Please can I ask you for advice on how to proceed with the warranty replacement with HP and also what you would recommend as a replacement from Amazon as I've tried to find out the details of the battery but as it is sealed I cannot read the information and any "automated" HP methods seem to always comeback as "failed".

Thanks for your response so far.

HP Recommended

Well, you have to understand who I am and am not. The Forum is largely worked by non-HP employees like me. So I have no power to offer you a warranty replacement. You are free to pursue that path. I can, however, provide you information on how to replace the battery yourself. Many users take that option rather than go through the warranty claim system. That simple. 

HP Recommended

Okay, sorry about that I didn't realize that you didn't work for HP.

I would be very grateful if you could provide details of how I find out the battery information and where I can find a replacement.

Once again sorry for my previous post

HP Recommended

This is the Service Manual HP has posted on your model's support page. The Manual looks like it covers an earlier model but the layout and battery are the same so its relevant for you. See pp. 27-29 for "how to". 

Battery is 

Battery, 3 cell, 41 Wh L11119-855

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XITAI-Replacement-14-CE0014TU-HSTNN-IB8O-L11421-1C1/dp/B07NZNKQM3/ref=sr_1_...

That's amazon. In this case the HP Parts Store UK actually also has it and the price is good so I would get it here:

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=21E78678EB304BCBA3A14C77CE2C9AF2&SearchIn=P...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the information.

The only question I have is that I downloaded the HP 14S Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

In Chapter 5 Page 34 it list the replacement battery as 920070-855

Is this a different part or which one should I use?

Thanks again

HP Recommended

That is probably an even older manual. Based on the fact that the model you gave has a 10th gen processor and the ones listed in the manual I linked have 8th gen processors, that battery is for something even older. Check what processors are listed in the manual you are looking at. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.