Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15ac-610tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing a strange problem with my hp pavilion 15ac-610tu laptop.

Recently while using the laptop Ive noticed that my laptop is not charging avobe 90%.

Ive lefted it in charge for 12 hours but still the same. The charging led turns White instead of being Red.

Ive tried uninstalling AICP battery driver etc,  discharging to 0% then full charging,  Clean installing win10 v1903,  Upgraded BIOS but nothing helped.

There is no battery controlling software in my device that will cut the charging in 75% or 80% or 90% etc.

Ive also noticed that always after reching 80% the led lits white for some moments then red for some moment,  then again white for some moments.  It goes this way and then stuck at 90%.  Reaching 90% the led lits white but windows saying "plugged in: better battery "

Ive tested the battery using HP UEFI Diagnostic.  Sometimes it says Error Battery replace(42) and gives different failure ID.  But most of the time it says Battery test OK.

I can also mention that the battery still has 85% capacity left after using for 4 years.  Its 1765 days old and used 344cycles.  I can still watch movies for 4-5 hours with battery saver on and low brightness 

Now can you guys plz help me out there?  😥

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rakib3

Welcome to the HP support community.

Let's Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), and provide the failure ID.

Meanwhile, try these steps though you have done that before:-

Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:

1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.

2) Expand “Batteries”.

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

4) Click on “Uninstall”.

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver

6) Shutdown the computer.

7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)

8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.

9) Go to Device Manager.

10) Expand Batteries.

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.

If the issue persists, refer this HP document for more assistance: Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ive tried these but no luck.  And HP uefi diagnostic is not giving any failure ID now. It is saying Battery OK(1)

And the problem still exists.  After reaching 85%+ The charging led goes White and it no longer charges. 

HP Recommended

@Rakib3

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.