Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 11-k051na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone supply the colour of the wires on the Batery that connects to the MB on a HP Pavilion x360 11-k051na 11.6" 

The battery plug can fit in both ways and I wanted to replace the battery but I am not sure which is the correct way to insert the connector.  I know that there is a positive and negative orientation and the battery is new but there is no telmentery info so it says no battery detected.  I would like to confirm the colours of the wires working from left to right

Thanks

Dave

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Watch the following video. Choose battery

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=7771374&MEID=426D0704-8913-4139-AAA0-A767EDB48E34

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

BATTERY  CONNECTION  - Sorry but the video, although very good does not show me enough detail in order to dtermin the colours of the cables and their orientation onto the MB - I could reallt do with a wiring diagram of that particular sub assembly if possible

HP Recommended

I have removed the fixed batteries in a number of ultrabooks and have not experienced a problem such as the one you are describing.

My most recent experience with that is the disassembly of an Envy Spectre XT to repair a damaged display.

I am curious. Is the header on the notebook perhaps damaged?

I can't think of another reason you would ask for this as the power connectors are made so they only fit in one direction because of the damage that would occur to a notebook if it were installed with reverse polarity.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

BATTERY CONNECTIONS - Maybe it is not the conncector, maybe a PM driver - Anyway, the battery shows a100% charge but as sonn as pull out the Ext, PSU Lead it dies on me.  When I run the HP Diagnostics it says that it cannot see the battery, all the drivers are uo to date as it does recommend this as an action.

HP Recommended

That would tend to lead me toward the battery. That is because the lithium batteries are smart batteries that report their condition through the wiring at the battery connector. The battery has a chip in it.

100% charge is relative. That is because the amount of current that the battery can be charged  up to and maximum cell violtage dimishes over the service life of the battery.

It is stiill less expensive to try a new power adapter. I suggest going that route first. The price for them ranges from @$25-50.00. 

I searched from my location.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=HP+Pavilion+x360+11-k051na+replacement+power+adapter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-...

Try a google search with the complete product name of your notebook and replacement power adapter as the search key words.

HP Recommended

BATTERY CONNECTION - Good Advice Provest - However, I have already changed the battery for a new one [Battery HV02XL 7.6v 32Wh 4050 mAH] and its unlikely that they would both indicate the same problem since the original worked but it just lacked the capacity.

Plus it is the same set of symptons with different Power Adaptors so I cannot see it being them either,  I have also deleted the Batthery Associated Drivers in the DM and it still does not change the symptons so for me its pointing to something more serious, possible a fault with the connector which you have already alludded to or a MB Failure on PWR Bus.

HP Recommended

@dugandav wrote:

BATTERY CONNECTION - Good Advice Provest - However, I have already changed the battery for a new one [Battery HV02XL 7.6v 32Wh 4050 mAH] and its unlikely that they would both indicate the same problem since the original worked but it just lacked the capacity.

Plus it is the same set of symptons with different Power Adaptors so I cannot see it being them either,  I have also deleted the Batthery Associated Drivers in the DM and it still does not change the symptons so for me its pointing to something more serious, possible a fault with the connector which you have already alludded to or a MB Failure on PWR Bus.

Well, it would have helped if you had shared that information with me in the first place instead of doing this.

Did you purchase a guaranteed compatible battery to replace the original one with?  Did you use a guaranteed compatible power adapter?

Unless the connector was damaged during disassembly it is an unlikely cause.  If, as you say, the battery connector fits when put in either direction, that also leads to possible damage at the battery end or at the header on the notebook.

The only other candidate in this troubleshooting equation is the notebook's system board.

Notebooks do not have motherboards, they have system boards. They mean the same thing but the terminology is different.

HP Recommended

I believe that the battery and psu supplier are  ell respected sources.  

Ir looks like it might be the connection on the system board

Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.