Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook - 17t-s000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After my battery suddenly stopped holding a charge (when plugged in, it doesn't charge) I ran a diagnostic and received this Battery Fail code: 9lp633-7sv970-mfpx61-c0ch03

What does this mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @courtcout,

I understand.

Is your model perhaps a CTO (Custom-to-order) model? If so, that would explain why the battery part number you have given is not listed in either HP's Maintenance and Service Guide or HP PartSurfer.

If that was the number listed, then you can hit that up in a search engine.

The seller of this product seems to have a very good reputation.

Best regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @courtcout,

Failure ID 9LP633-7SV970-MFPX61-C0CH03 translates to Failure Code 601 or Battery 1.

This means that the battery has degraded in capacity or has failed and therefore a replacement is required. 

If you are under warranty, contact HP:

Contact HP Worldwide here.

Phone HP Worldwide here.

Check warranty status here.

Find an HP Authorized Service Center near you here.

Otherwise, you need to replace the battery yourself. The HP ENVY 17-s000 Notebook PC uses a 4-cell, 41-WHr, 2.8-AHr, Li-ion battery with HP Spare Part Number 800049-005. 

You can then use the HP Spare part number(s) in the HP Parts store hereYou may also be able to find it elsewhere on the Internet.

Removing the battery is simply pulling the two battery latches on the back towards the center and popping the battery out.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

HP Recommended

I just looked at the battery, and the HP part number does not match the one you gave me. It says 800049-001.

HP Recommended

Hello @courtcout,

I understand.

Is your model perhaps a CTO (Custom-to-order) model? If so, that would explain why the battery part number you have given is not listed in either HP's Maintenance and Service Guide or HP PartSurfer.

If that was the number listed, then you can hit that up in a search engine.

The seller of this product seems to have a very good reputation.

Best regards,

Eddy

HP Recommended

Yes it's a CTO! I've searched the number on my battery everywhere (including in the HP parts store) and it never turns up... I thought I was losing my mind.

HP Recommended

The link you sent me looks good.. I worry though that some of the numbers don't match up.

The one you sent has 14.8V & 2600mAh.

Mine says 14.6v &2750mAh. 

Will that fry my laptop?

HP Recommended

Hello @courtcout,

The mAh part doesn't matter - it's basically like capacity so, unfortunately, the one I sent may last a slightly shorter amount of time.

Voltage is more important in electronics but slight increments or decrements are completely fine. 0.2 difference, I would say, is negligible. 

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

HP Recommended

Thank you!! You've been a huge help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.