cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
bearslappinfish
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Battery Drain Spectre x360

HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-ch011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I bought the HP Spectre less than a month ago, and I have been having an issue. If I fully charge the laptop then unplug it for a day or two the battery percentage drops down to about 92-90%. I fully shut the machine down and it keeps doing it consistently. Is there a software fix for this because it'll be really irritating if there's a battery issue less than a month after purchasing it.

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,801 26,735 1,261 1,304
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bearslappinfish

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with the battery, 
To get the answer to this question, It's totally normal to happen so.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's run the battery test using HP Support Assistant:

• If you do not have HP Support Assistant, go to the HP Support Assistant website. In the HP Support Assistant page, click Download HP Support Assistant, then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install.

• If you HP Support Assistant have, make sure you have the latest version. In Windows, open HP Support Assistant, click About, then click Check for latest version.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

2. Select the My devices tab, then select your PC from the device list.

HP Support Assistant home screen

3. Click the Troubleshooting and fixes tab, then select Battery Check.

Selecting Battery Check

4. Wait while the battery check completes.

HP Battery Check in progress

HP Battery Check displays the results.

Battery test results

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
bearslappinfish
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, yeah I've run the diagnostic in HP support already and it says there is no issues. So something must be happening when the device boots up. It's still doing the same thing.

Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,801 26,735 1,261 1,304
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bearslappinfish

Thank you for posting back.

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps

and the issue persists, this sounds like software related. And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation