Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14s-dq1029tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

My BRAND NEW HP 14s-dq1029tu notebook has a battery drain issue. Even when it is shutdown or in hibernate mode, I noticed the battery will drain about 15% per day. When I left my notebook without touching it for 5 days, the battery has drained by about 50%.

I have looked through the forums, and mainly it says to update BIOS or bring into the service center. Note that I am somewhat IT savvy and can typically troubleshoot these issues myself. Troubleshooting steps taken:

* Removed all USB attachments (Logitech wireless mouse)

* Updated all drivers and OS

* Manually updated BIOS to latest version

So far those steps have not resolved the issue. I would not expect the notebook to drain the battery when it is completely off or in hibernate mode. Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The battery will always have some drain in hibernate mode.

15% does seem excessive.

Have you used the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI utility to test the battery?

You can also use the HP Support Assistant. There is a  Battery test. The HPSA should show if your  battery is normal when it is started.

Connect the power adapter. Press the power button and immediately start tapping the F2 key.  In the menu that appears select Component tests, then  Power source test. Click on run once. The test may take quite some time if it finds that calibration of the battery is required.

Please test the battery and let us know the result. If there is an error code post it here after you test the battery.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I used the Support Assistant Battery test and as expected, it passed.

CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11

DevicesSupported: 1

DeviceCount: 1

Primary_ACPowerOn: True

Primary_ACAdapterOk: True

Primary_TestresultString: OK

Primary_DesignCapacity: 3620mAh

Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 3648mAh

Primary_RemainingCapacity: 3491mAh

Primary_MaxError: 1

Primary_CycleCount: 5

Primary_Temperature: 29deg C

Primary_Voltage: 12617mV

Primary_Current: 0mA

Primary_DesignVoltage: 11340mV

Primary_Status: 224

Primary_CellVoltage1: 4205mV

Primary_CellVoltage2: 4206mV

Primary_CellVoltage3: 4206mV

Primary_CellVoltage4: 0mV

Primary_SerialNumber: 07811 09/09/2019

Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-1C-3B-A

Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6HRVT07XXCR60Z

Primary_Warranty: 3

Primary_CalibrationType: 3

Primary_ChargeControl: Failed

Primary_TempCharge: True

Primary_ChargeTest: False

Primary_ChargeCapacity: 100

Primary_TempAlarm: False

Primary_DeepDischarge: False

Primary_FullCharge: False P

rimary_FullChargeStatus: True

Primary_BatteryCharge: False

Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

The battery works fine normally. Only that the notebook seems to discharge during shutdown or hibernate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.