Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Yesterday, I plugged my notebook into the Thunderbolt 3 dock, as per usual. However, when I pressed the power button, there was nothing.

i opened the notebook, and the power button was flashing light blue about every second. However, I couldn’t power the notebook using the power button either.

i unplugged the dock, and then plugged in the notebook ac adaptor. The notebook was then able to power up normally.

i ran the battery diagnostics and it returned the following error:

”Your battery has failed the battery check”

Failure ID: 64M881-85R99E-XD7X7F-C09203

Product ID: W2Y19PA#ABG

I find it strange that it won’t allow me to boot with the dock, even with a failed battery, as my previous HP notebook allowed this to happen. Does the Thunderbolt dock require a working battery present?

The notebook is two years old.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I should also note, that when I have the notebook booted with the AC adaptor, and I unplug the ac adaptor, the notebook shuts down immediately, with no warnings.

Is this the sign of a completely dead battery? It is weird because Windows shows the battery as fully charged.

HP Recommended

@MikeNZ,

Thank you for reaching out to the community again and a good day for you. I will be more than happy to assist you here. Splendid description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.

• Was there a power outage or surge in the recent past?

Let me keep you informed that the battery is dead and it needs to be replaced.

I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply David. As far as I am aware, there was no power failure or surge, at least while the notebook was connected to ac power, either through the adaptor or dock.

HP NZ have already shipped a replacement battery to me, which I will replace tonight.

Is the behaviour of the dock normal? ie, if the battery has failed, or even if it wasn't present, can the notebook not be powered up at all using the dock? I seem to recall, my previous HP notebooks, using the Advanced Docking Station, could be clicked into the docking station without a battery, and powered up. I could of course be wrong about that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.