Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been using HP ProBook 455 G7 for last half an year. My laptop is still in the warranty period. From last two weeks, I am observing, the LED indicator next to the charging port of laptop start blinking after the charging of my laptop reaches to the 100%. This behavior just arrived two weeks ago, before that, there were no such problem and the LED Indicator was turned off after the charge reached to 100%. After I remove the charger when the charge reaches to 100%, The LED then turned off. I am worry about this because this behavior just arrived few weeks ago. The Battery health is normal, cycle count is 55/1000 and battery age is 9 months. 

I want to know, is there any problem with my battery or laptop due to which the LED keeps blinking after charge reaches to100%?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I would open up device manager and remove the battery as a device from the device list. Then reboot to let the driver reload. Also make sure you are updated to the latest BIOS. Usually that does not do much but many people have reported it helps with odd battery issues like this. If neither works, then please post a screenshot of the advanced battery test results. This is not a major problem but it is not 100% correct so to speak. 

HP Recommended

Do you want me to uninstall the battery drivers from the device manager. There are two drivers under the Batteries tab  (1. Microsoft AC Adapter & 2. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Battery Method). Should I uninstall both and then reinstall to check if the issue is resolved? Further, all the battery test results are marked as pass.

HP Recommended

Just #2 is the battery but you can uninstall both and both drivers will reload on reboot. Both are supplied by Windows and it is not a downloadable driver. The test can show "OK" even if there are problems. Problems can often be seen in the advanced results that will not prevent an OK on the simple pass-fail. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. I have uninstalled both drivers and rebooted the device but the issue persist. 

Now, can you please tell me how can I access advance battery test results. Are you referring to the test details that are shown in test log?

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

Open "Test the Battery Using HP Support Assistant"...image 4. Next to large type 
"Results" is "Show advanced information". Click that link and try to post a screenshot of results.  

HP Recommended

333.jpg

HP Recommended

Here is screenshot

333.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.