Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq0887ne
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there, 
Good day.

I have a critical issue and I hope to find the answer here.

My laptop `HP ENVY Laptop 13-aq0xxx` which I bought Dec. 2019 is facing a "sudden" issue in the battery.

What is it? Say I have turned off my laptop while my battery was 60%, then the next day I turned it on, it then boots normally and when I got the lock screen. the device is suddenly shut down, and it's not a normal shutdown, it is like a power outage while there is no battery plugged in "which is not true of course", and then it doesn't respond to turn on unless I plug in the charger, and when I turn on, I find the battery still 59%, not 0% or so.

Can not determine what is happening.

One more thing, when I got this, then I immediately test the battery health using hp support assistant just after the device is turned in after this situation, I find the health is weak. and when the battery is completed charging, then the health is normal again. so the status is not stable, neither the mentioned sudden shutdown. 

One last situation, now the battery was 40% and suddenly the device is powered off the didn't respond to power on unless I plugged the charger, and I found the battery became 1%

I don't know what is the root cause, but last week I have been working on the battery for like 4 hours and the current capacity was almost 40000 out of the design capacity which was 52000, so I don't think there is normal behavior to be that bad in one week.

I hope to get an answer to this.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pages 25-27 show "how to":

Manual 

There is a Service Center locator. 

Just put in Cairo Egypt Consumer Notebook in the menu and 3 different shops come up. There are phone numbers. Call first. 
It varies from country to country whether they will install a battery you bring in. They may or may not have a battery to install for you. They are going to charge you labor. Check it out and see what you want to do. If you want to buy your own battery and find another way to have it installed, post back and we can help with that. Good luck. If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

It's a bad battery and replacing it will fix the issue. The diagnosis could be made with greater certainty if we could get a screenshot of the advanced output from the battery diagnostic test. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the instant reply,

I have attached screenshots of the current status of the battery.

Note: Just before this screenshot, I have charged the battery to 100%, left it with the lap powered off, and when I powered on the lap the next day, I found it 1% with the status "weak" in the HP Assistant Diagnosis, now after I complete charge again, the status is normal. 

Two questions, please,
1- How this could happen during this too-short period, especially, I'm taking care of the laptop. The lifetime wasn't linear.
2- Is it doable to replace the battery of this model.

2022-01-27 (4).png

2022-01-27 (2).png

HP Recommended

Of course the battery is replaceable and that is what you have to do. Battery life is not linear. They often go bad suddenly. Very normal. The battery is almost 3 years old and has degraded quite a bit. Time to replace it. Let us know if you want a Manual for replacing the battery and help finding a new one. 

HP Recommended

I have two batteries and it does the same with both one about a year old and the other new

HP Recommended

If you did not start this thread please start your own so your separate problem can be addressed individually

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sure, I would like to know to get the manual and where I can get a new one or reach out to an official technical center, I live in Cairo, Egypt 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Pages 25-27 show "how to":

Manual 

There is a Service Center locator. 

Just put in Cairo Egypt Consumer Notebook in the menu and 3 different shops come up. There are phone numbers. Call first. 
It varies from country to country whether they will install a battery you bring in. They may or may not have a battery to install for you. They are going to charge you labor. Check it out and see what you want to do. If you want to buy your own battery and find another way to have it installed, post back and we can help with that. Good luck. If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 
HP Recommended

Sure, this is, of course, helpful, I'll call them and if they cannot provide a battery, I will post back to get some help, if possible, but you want this post to be in this thread or in a new one? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Post it here. I get notice if you add to a thread I already participated in. If you start a new one I may or may not see it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.