Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ec1026la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot 2021-03-17 120502.pngHello. I've been having a lot of issues related to power on my laptop. I manage to solve a few... Between this journey on solving the error i'm currently running the HP official windows version, i updated it to windows pro and instaled all of the updates on windows update.  I tried with the stock hp winver, the stock winver from microsoft website, i ran out of ideas!!

First of all i was having an error in red when testing the battery on hp support assistant. On this precise moment both the battery and the charger passed both uefi and hp support assistant test,

Yesterday i discharged my battery til the laptop won't turned on in order to calibrate it, so then i left it plugged all night. This morning when i turned on the laptop it was at 2% of battery. Sometimes the battery icon kinda blink and shows the batter with an X and then it blink again to the normal icon. It won't charged until 57%... I uninstaled both charger and battery on device manager and scan for hardware updates so VOILA it was charging but then it stopped. I had to do the same like 2 times and now my battery it's at 94% and won't charge more than that. Some times the battery icon moves like it was charging but it last like a few seconds. I don't really know what to do, i ran out of ideas and i cand give me the luxury of buying another battery just to test cuz the are really expensive, like 200 bucks.

Any help or idea will be welcome, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

(15) Battery (3 cell, 52 Whr) L48495-005

https://www.amazon.com/SUNNEAR-L48495-005-Replacement-15-DK0020TX-HSTNN-DB9G/dp/B08HQTXX9W/ref=sr_1_...

But I am pretty sure you do not need a new one in any event. Something else is going on. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Can you post the advanced results of the battery test? Also not sure where you are looking for batteries but $200 is way out of line. Should be more like $50-75

HP Recommended

I just edited my post and  imported a screenshoot from hp support assistant test. About the prices, yes i was thinking the same but idk why the original parts resellers, here in Chile sell them at more than 200 US, even a charger cost that. I couldn't fine any website or replacement on  internet to import it.

HP Recommended

eBay and amazon have international shipping programs. Batteries are a bit of a problem but certainly we can find something for less than $200 US. It's going to be a while until the image is available to view. 

HP Recommended

My product number is 162D7LA#AKH 

The model of the battery is: PG03XL with a rectangular shape. Here is a picture not from my laptop but the same exact looking one as the one that use my laptop, indeed it is a picture taken from the same model of my laptop, same voltage and Wh

I also don't know if the issue is from the charger or the battery cause sometimes it will unplug and replug by itself

The model of the carger is L48757-003 Replace with HP SPARE 917649-850

It is of 150W and has an input 100-240V~2.5A

output 19.5v    7.7A     150.0W

LowResTextures_0-1615994078790.png

HP Recommended

The advanced battery test actually looks OK

HP Recommended

(15) Battery (3 cell, 52 Whr) L48495-005

https://www.amazon.com/SUNNEAR-L48495-005-Replacement-15-DK0020TX-HSTNN-DB9G/dp/B08HQTXX9W/ref=sr_1_...

But I am pretty sure you do not need a new one in any event. Something else is going on. 

HP Recommended

Actually, the computer sometimes pluged and unpluged itself sometimes, or stoped charging. Before making this post i also had a red alert on these same test. I took of the battery and turned on the pc just with the charger and i´ve had no issues at all. 

Could you help me find the battery for my laptop? here the very own hp sell them for around 200 US...

HP Recommended

For some reason these are also very expensive in the USA. A little less than $100. My best suggestion is to use eBay and their international shipping service, but I am thinking its still going to be maybe $150 US with shipping. Use the HP part number to search not the model of the laptop. Some shippers will not even deal with laptop batteries. I assume that is why they are so expensive in your country. There is a virtual monopoly on them. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L48495-005-Hp-11-55V-52-5-Wh4323-mAh-Battery-15-EC0013DX-15-DK0051WM/154299...

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebays-unlimited-international-shipping-programs-latin-america-0...

HP Recommended

I found a website that sell them for a little less but i'm not sure of how trusty their service is:

https://www.hppartsshop.co.uk/products/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ec1000-laptop-rechargeable-li-ion-batte...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.