Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Laptop 13-aq1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am only getting 3-4 hours battery life on the laptop that I have bought new only a month ago.  This is not what was advertised to me for this product, so I assume it is a fault rather than false advertising?

Also, as soon as I opened the laptop the airplane mode toggled on and off uncontrollably, until it randomly stopped of it's own accord a few days later.

Then, only a week ago, the P key appeared to be stuck and I was unable to use my laptop for some days as I couldn't log in.

This has all been quite disappointing for such an expensive purchase - can anyone give me any advice on what I need to do? Is this a problem with HP laptops, or an individual problem with my specific laptop?

Any help is much appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The support portal for your notebook PC is at the line below this one.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-13-aq1000-laptop-pc-series/29126477

What you have described is out of the norm in all three issues you have described.

I suggest that you use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility your notebook was delivered with.

You can invoke the Diagnostics from a powered off state.

Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the F2 key to invoke the diagnostics.

Run the full system test and post the result here in your thread.

Run the battery test and post the result here as well.

Your notebook should be capable of running in normal use on the battery alone, for about 10-12 hours.

It will help definitely your case, if your notebook does produce error codes.  Copy the codes down and post them here in your thread.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by marking that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I'm finding it difficult to run the test (kept cancelling as the stuck p key signalling that I was pressing a key to cancel. I managed to get one through, but still cannot log on due to the stuck key, so will post the rest of the details once I can.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.