Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 13-ad173cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I recently purchased a certified refurbished HP ENVY 13-ad173cl. When i checked it say's its full charge capacity is 95% (4247 mAh). However, when I use the laptop with battery saver on and only doing light tasks such as watching vidoes in 1080p. I am getting a maximum of 2 hours use. When on the specifications page it says im supposed to get 14 hours. I wasn't expecting it to last no where near that long, however, I wasn't expecting its battery life to be so short either. I would like to know if this is normal or if not, I would like to know if there's any way this can be fixed? Changing the battery doesn't seem reasonable if the battery is only 4450 mAh. Please correct me if im wrong but doing that will give the battery 10-30mins improvement, which is still very small.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Run the full battery diagnostic from UEFI (esc as you power up then F2 then component tests/power) or from the HP Support Assistant and report back the advanced results. The laptop is used even if refurbished so the battery is also likely used so let's see how many cycles on it, max capacity, etc. 

HP Recommended

These are the results I get when I run the test.

Warranty type: 3

Cycle count: 42/1000

Manufacturer: 333-2C-22-A

Battery Age: 375 days

Serial Number: 023-- 08/30/2017

Temperature: 34 degrees celcius 

Design capacity: 4450 mAh

Full charger capacity: 4302 mAh

Remaining capacity: 277 mAh

Current: -1374 mA

Terminal voltage: 11439 mV

Design Voltage: 11550 mV

Cell Voltage 1: 3810 mV

Cell Voltage 2: 3810 mV

Cell Voltage 3: 3810 mV

Cell Voltage 4: 0 mV

Status; 1

AC Power: No

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.