Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I need a new battery for my HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx. I have looked on the HP parts page and cannot find any battery for this laptop every time I type in the serial number. Should I look at knockoff batteries online on websites like Amazon? Please help as soon as possible!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@brettsugg,

Welcome to our HP Users Forum!

According to HP PartSurfer, your HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx (2LV24UA) requires this battery (HP p/n): 928372-856 ("Assembly-battery 6Cell 84Wh 3.64Ah LI YB").

A quality "YB06XL" replacement battery can be found everywhere, such as here: Amazon.com: AN·GWEL YB06XL Laptop Battery for HP Spectre X360 Convertible 15-CH000 15T-CH000 15-CH0X....

NonSequitur777_0-1656810946153.png

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response! I will order this battery from Amazon and let you know how it goes. Out of curiosity, do you know why HP does not sell this battery on their parts website?

HP Recommended

@brettsugg,

Yes, I do.  HP has manufactured literally many thousands of different computer models and other product over the years, including laptops, and they simply don't want or rather can't maintain stock/inventory for 'everything' in their warehouses.

So, they use algorithms -sometimes based on popularity, but mostly on DOM (Date of Manufacturing).  Meaning, once a certain product has been officially/unofficially been marked as obsolete ('out-of-date') and has been superseded by new and improved models, it simply becomes a standard industry marketing policy to focus on new products and allow their inventory to run dry on phased-out parts -or sometimes they remove parts from their inventory and sell them to electronics recycling centers.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.