Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Wow, you are lucky!  Can you provide the link to the battery you purchased?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my laptop, a spectre 15-ch012nr that i bought in novebmer 2018. i thought i was the only person having this issue but i looked on the internet and a lot of us who bought laptops at that time frame are having this issue. i only started noticing it because the bottom casing was starting to bulge off.  i tried removing the battery as a temporary fix, but i only managed to remove 1 of the 5 screws holding the battery down. the rest of the screws are dug in there so tightly that i cannot get them out without ruining the screws even more than they already are. now i don't know what to do and i feel SOL. im sorry i know my post doesnt help you OP. my laptop was 1600 so im posting on here out of desperation at this point. i'm typing this on my old HP envy with sticking keys because i dont want my battery to exlode

HP Recommended

Can you provide a photo? I'm not getting a good mental picture of how the access is obstructed.

HP Recommended

link to what I purchased. Keep in mind that I could have missed the message everyone is seeing, unless it requires a key press as a bypass.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LN2SZ8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.