Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP zbook studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery usually drop by 2 or 3% when its off i don't know the reason, but can i control my battery charging process to start charging when my battery is below 70% only?so it does not keep charging everyday to 100%

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ferio 

The small loss of battery when off is not related to controlling the charge level.

For that type of loss, one of the recommended changes is to switch Fast Start to OFF

Be Aware: 

This is entirely optional and based on personal decision. 

The change might help the tiny battery drain issue.

Switch off / on Fast Start

Settings   > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings >

Choose what the power button does >

Click Change settings that are currently unavailable >

Remove Check (clear box) Turn on fast startup (recommended) >

Save

======================================================================

That said, the following document explains "Battery Health Management" that is, charge level control,for your business class computer:

HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows)

Includes Battery Health management for Business notebooks

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

fast startup is already disabled but still am losing some of my battery % during off period,

the link you are giving is not working (related to battery health) 😞

HP Recommended

@Ferio 

Well, Fast Start idea "something at least", though not helpful in this case.

Best ask that question separately (new thread).

Battery Health Manager

The document link works "from here" - West Coast of the USA.

I cannot test if from your location, of course.

What to do?

Pull up a different browser and use your favorite search engine to search for the document:

Search for c01297640

Partial Except (links may not work)

Section Use Battery Health Manager (business notebooks only)

Battery Health Manager in the BIOS provides a number of settings designed to improve battery longevity and performance for select HP business computers. For a list of supported computer models and BIOS updates to enable Battery Health Manager on those platforms, go to New Battery Health Management Feature Can Prolong Battery Life.
Open the BIOS, navigate to the Battery Health Manager, and then choose the settings you want, depending on how you use your computer.
  1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord if it is not already connected.
  2. Turn on the computer, and then repeatedly press the Esc key until the Startup Menu displays.
  3. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility.
  4. Using the arrow keys, select Advanced, and then select Power Management Options.
    The Battery Health Manager feature displays. If you do not see Battery Health Manager, go to the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page to update the BIOS to the most current version available.
  5. Click the drop-down menu to review, and then select a Battery Health Manager setting:
    • Maximize my battery health: Use this setting if the computer stays plugged in to the power adapter most of the time. This setting maximizes battery health by lowering the maximum battery charge level to 80%.
    • Let HP manage my battery charging: Use this setting if the computer is operating under a heavy load or being used in hot environments. Charging behavior automatically adjusts to balance between maximizing battery health and maximizing battery duration.
    • Maximize my battery duration: Use this setting if you need to have the battery fully charged when taking the computer off the charger. The battery charges to 100%, and then stops charging only to resume when the charge level falls to 95%.
      note:
      This setting might shorten the battery lifespan.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.