Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 with Intel quad cor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi HP support. I would like to know that which battery should i purchase for my HP Envy 15 k-series with Intel quad core. I am confused between VI04 notebook battery and VI06 notebook battery. I have purchased a somehow used laptop in which VI04 battery is installed but battery timing is just 1 hour. I want to replace it, so kindly tell me which battery is perfect for my laptop, VI04 or VI06. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Hamza1996, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you needed to know if you can use a 65W adapter with your laptop.

I have checked the specification of your laptop and it was shipped with a 90w adapter.

You can use a 65W adapter on your PC. But there might be some charging issues with your laptop also you might get some error message that you are using an incorrect adapter on your PC.

I would suggest you use a 90W adapter on your PC.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello, @Hamza1996 – Greetings!

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are looking to replace the battery on your Envy laptop. You need to use the same kind of battery which was shipped along with your product to get the best results.

Please provide the exact model number of your PC so that I can provide you with the correct product number for the battery. There are several PC models under Envy 15 series. So give me the exact product number of the PC.

If unsure, please check: http://hp.care/2oPCMBG

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
My laptop is HP Envy 15 K301tu.
HP Recommended

Hello, @Hamza1996

Thanks for the update!

I checked your product specification and your PC uses 4-cell, 48 WHr, 2.3 AH Li-ion battery with the part number - 756745-001

Search with the 756745-001 part number to order a new battery for your PC.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
I used hp live chat too. The hp support agent told me 756480-421. Why contradiction?
HP Recommended

Hello, @Hamza1996

I have checked and provided the information from the PC upgrade and maintenance guide. Check here: http://hp.care/2rfafqQ 

Check Page 37. 

There are 2 different part number given. One for 41WHr  and one for 48Whr. Your product support 48Whr, hence 756745-001 

Check the power specification here: http://bit.ly/2xlb7bx 

Hope that answers your question!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
756480-421 is my current battery which is also 48Whr. VI04. Is it okay to purchase this too. Bcoz 756745-001 and 756480-421 are same..? And power adapter is 65W which i have. Is it okay to charge this battery with this adapter?
HP Recommended

Hi! @Hamza1996, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Dvortex, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

It's great to hear from you again.

Thanks for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the battery shipped with your laptop is 756480-421.

I would suggest you to replace the battery with the same part number.

Please provide the product number and the serial number of your laptop in a private message to get you the accurate part number.

According to the product details you have shared the part number 756745-001 is a valid part for your laptop.

You can replace the battery with 756480-421 or 756745-001 hope this answers your query.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks a lot. I hv understand. Just one more thing, can I charge 48Whr 4 cells battery with 65W adapter?
HP Recommended

@Hamza1996, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you needed to know if you can use a 65W adapter with your laptop.

I have checked the specification of your laptop and it was shipped with a 90w adapter.

You can use a 65W adapter on your PC. But there might be some charging issues with your laptop also you might get some error message that you are using an incorrect adapter on your PC.

I would suggest you use a 90W adapter on your PC.

Hope this helps!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.