Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x350 m6 Convertible (m6-aq003dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my laptop (HP Envy x360 m6 Convertible 15-AQ003DX) from 5 years back. My laptop battery is not holding much charge anymore.

I have tried to find the battery on parts.hp.com but it looks like HP has discontinued the battery. It is no longer available on their parts.hp.com website.

Only batteries I can find in the market are all counterfeit chinese products. Every seller is offering 6 month warranty from their side.

I think these chinese batteries can only survive for 6 months(until warranty period) and then start deteorating/swelling within 10-12 months period.

Is it advisable to use these chinese counterfeit batteries ? I personally don't want to use these batteries but have no other option...

Is there any other way to get reliable batteries which are discontinued by HP?

Thanks!

Battery needed :

HP  MB04XL  15.4V - 55.67 Wh  Li-ion

Part no. - 844204-855

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @saurav_kulkarni 

As long as you only purchase a battery that has the HP OEM part number and has a one year warranty there won't be any problem. Those two things must be a requisite for a battery to even be considered.

I have been purchasing the Chinese made batteries for years without issue.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I will just add that all laptop batteries are made in China. "Compatible" laptop batteries are often made on the same assembly line in the same factory as genuine. They are not "counterfeit" as they do not purport to be a genuine HP product. I have also been using "compatible" 3rd party batteries for years. Further we could likely find you a "genuine" battery in the aftermarket. HP itself is not the only source for genuine HP batteries. To disparage Chinese made electronics is to not understand the way the world works. 

HP Recommended

Same experience here.  I bought a replacement (not HP branded) for a 5 year old HP Spectre X360 from some website selling laptop battery replacements.  It worked fine (first one they sent did not but they sent a replacement) ... but after 6 months or so (and very light usage only) the wear is already noticeable in that battery life is shorter between charges.   Would not call it "counterfeit" (did not ever claim to be "HP") ... just non-branded.   Anyway the laptop still runs fine with the battery despite shorter periods off the charger.

HP Recommended

All the batteries that I can find in aftermarket does not have HP barcode/QR-code/CT number printed on them. And all of them have 6 month warranty not 1 year.

I'm looking for original HP battery for 3 months now and I didn't find any yet.

On top of that my laptop does not have BATTERY CHARGE MANAGER in BIOS. These aftermarket batteries will swell in no time if I keep my laptop plugged in all the time(which I do).

HP Recommended

Where you located? In about 10 seconds I found https://notebookparts.com/new-genuine-hp-15-4v-55-67wh-battery-844204-855/ 

Many resellers still have stock in the USA. Maybe someone will ship it to you.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

I agree that all laptop batteries are made in China. But all "compatible" batteries I can find for my laptop are counterfeit products.

By counterfeit product I mean, it looks like a genuine HP battery at first sight but when you look closer, you can see minor changes in logo designs, font change, random QR-code print, no mention of battery capacity etc

I ordered a battery from online-store and found out this issue. It came in a generic box with no print/label on it. This battery does not have HP barcode/CT no. sticker on it. There is no way to verify if this is used/unused product. I have to blindly trust the seller on it. I don't know how reliable OR SAFE this battery is to use.

HP Recommended

India. I'd prefer to order from website/seller in india.

Shipping costs are way too much when ordering from outside country

HP Recommended

(17) 4-cell, 55-Wh, 3.62-Ah, Li-ion battery (includes cable) 844204-855

You are absolutely right. If I confine my search to India only a compatible battery is offered. Amazon India and flipkart each have one offering. 

Good luck

HP Recommended

The battery in the link that I found locally in your region is an OEM HP branded battery for your notebook with a one year warranty and a bar code.

https://www.ebuyindia.in/products/hp-mb04xl-original-battery-for-hp-envy-x360-15-aq001nx-m6-aq000-hs...

There were others in the search that I did. You have to shop with looking for that one year warranty in mind.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hp+envy+x360+m6-aq003dx+battery+India&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=AOa...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.