Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 15-as102na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just received this laptop this week. When I switched on battery was 64%. I switched it off and plugged in to charge. The battery indicator was amber. When I went to check on it it was still amber 6 hrs later. I switched laptop on it still said 64%. Then with it on started to charge, why isn't it charging when it is switched off shouldn't it charge?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @JasparUK

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged when the laptop is turned off.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JasparUK

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged when the laptop is turned off.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow below steps to fix this issue.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi. Thanks it's worked!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.