Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hi niknik, this is a known issue that dozens of us have been reporting. People with last year's model and this year's model have been experiencing it too. There is another thread topic with lots of posts that are very helpful overestimate here...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-drain-when-shut-down-H...

There is a 3rd party fix called shpinx that has fixed it for a bunch of people. But I just posted in there about a BIOS update and lots of driver updates that I updated. So I hope that hope fixes it. I will post there with an update later.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the link, but unfortunately the link does not work?

Nik

HP Recommended
That's strange I copy and pasted the link. I will try 1 more time.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-drain-when-shut-down-H...

If that does not work then go to "notebooks" section of HP forums then go to "Hardware" section. There will be a topic in there titled "Battery drain when shut down (HP Spectre x360)"
HP Recommended

Thanks for the re-reply AndroidPurity. I clicked on the link and have applied the shpinx fix. I am now not going to use my laptop for a few days and see if the fix worked. 

Thanks again 🙂 

Nik

HP Recommended

Three days later I plugged in the laptop and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had not used any charge what so ever.

Thanks for your help AndroidPurity your the greatest 🙂 

Nik

HP Recommended

UPDATE, unfortunately the problem has re-appeared! 😞

I am losing 10% over three days of NO use (I know this might not sound much, but I should not really be losing ANY battery life when it is not being used).

Nik

HP Recommended

any updates on this?

HP Recommended

my laptop battery is draining out when it is switched off. can anyone helps me please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.