Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

it is a brand new laptop, just out of the box 3 days ago.

after charging the laptop to 100%, and powered it off (complete shut down), then power it on again after about 6 hours, the battery level is about 92%.

I checked the power plan and made sure it is on balanced mode.

unchecked the option of (fast startup).

updated all driveres through the HP website (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-w000-x360-convertible-pc/12499178/mod...).

disabled USB Power in BIOS setting

but still same issue after applying all above steps.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mazen_Sayed

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

Let's check if the below setting could resolve the issue.

(a) Go to Device Manager,

(b) Right click Generic USB hub(s),

(c) On Power Management tab, untick "Allow the computer to turn off ....",

(d) Click OK  

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello Raj1788,

I don't have in the device manager Generic USB hub(s), however, I have under Universal Serial Bus controllers, USB Root Hub (xHCI) and Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller -1.0 (Microsoft).

I went to both of them, Properties, Power Management tab, and unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

after doing that, I restarted the laptop, then shut it down from start, Power, shut down, while the battery is 100%

after about 6 hours turn the laptop on, and the battery is 92%.

The problem still exists and not solved!

HP Recommended

@Mazen_Sayed

Please check if there were any external USB devices connected to the Computer as this computer has the HP Sleep and Charge feature if there are any devices connected it will drain the battery even when its shut down

Keep me posted!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

No, there is nothing connected to the laptop at all.

And I already went to the BIOS settings and disabled USB charge when sleep or off.

But still battery drains!

HP Recommended

@Mazen_Sayed

All batteries whether it be in a smartphone or computer are susceptible to a decrease in storage capacity and will drain - even when off. Wikipedia article on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-discharge

Disable fast startup in windows 10
Use Winkey+X and Power options or right-click the Start button
On the top left click on change what the power button does
Click on the link top center to change settings currently unavailable
Uncheck use fast startup recommended.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.