Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cc5xxst
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, my laptop definitely needs a new battery - purchased new in December '17, it's an HP Pavilion, model no. 15-cc561st. I want to ensure I get the right battery. Tech support directed me to the battery lookup which is fine, but when I then look up the actual batteries that are supposed to be compatible, they're designed for laptops where you can swap a battery out with a simple lock switch and mine isn't like that (I'm pretty sure I'd have to unscrew the bottom panel of the laptop to get access to the battery as it definitely isn't on the exterior).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@the_writer

Do you still have warranty on the Notebook?  If you still have warranty it is preferable to get the Battery replace at the Service Center since the Battery is not considered customer replaceable

Having said that, replacing the battery yourself is not very difficult

Please follow the instructions on page 38 - 39 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05705784 to help you remove the battery

Hope this helps. Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on the Public Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Wanted to clarify, I have run diagnostic checks, consulted tech support, etc. consensus is it needs a new battery. All I need to know is what type of battery, specifically, I need to get, and how I install it because this is the first laptop I've had where the battery is seemingly integrated into the laptop.

HP Recommended

20191022_124108.jpg

This is what the bottom of my laptop looks like - there's no battery so I'm assuming I'd have to unscrew and remove the entire panel? I want to make sure this is all replaceable before I go and order a new battery.

HP Recommended

@the_writer

Do you still have warranty on the Notebook?  If you still have warranty it is preferable to get the Battery replace at the Service Center since the Battery is not considered customer replaceable

Having said that, replacing the battery yourself is not very difficult

Please follow the instructions on page 38 - 39 in this User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05705784 to help you remove the battery

Hope this helps. Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on the Public Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad, yeah, the warranty is expired, I got the laptop in probably December 2017 and when I looked it up previously it indicated the warranty expired October, 2018. I'll look at the guide and go from there, thanks!

HP Recommended

@the_writer

Thanks for keeping me posted

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.