Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP - 15-ac103nk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ,

i use my laptop at home mostly , but  the way to remove the battery everytime is really annoying ,  close the pc turn its upside down then remove the battery (not really practical)

so i was wondering if its a smart battery ? or i should remove it  everytime im working on pc to extend its life?

or i can leave its always under secrtor since the pc stop charging the battery when its full , so the pc will switch  betwen the powers automatically right? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you don't have to remove the battery. 

Your notebook has a smart battery and smart charger.

You should unplug the A/C adapter from the notebook twice a month when fully charged, and run the notebook off the battery until you get the low battery warning.

See this guide for getting the most out of your notebook's battery.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you don't have to remove the battery. 

Your notebook has a smart battery and smart charger.

You should unplug the A/C adapter from the notebook twice a month when fully charged, and run the notebook off the battery until you get the low battery warning.

See this guide for getting the most out of your notebook's battery.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

HP Recommended

Hi,

Batteries and chargers now are smarter than you thought. They know when to stop charging. I did post my observations few times: removing batteries then put them back daily will damage batteries more than keep them with machines and use them even with AC. In some countries where the power grids are unstable, keep batteries as UPS will definitely help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ok Thanks ,

so i will never need to remove the battery

i needed to update my informations ,but still i chosed hp beacause its was the only laptop who had a removable battery  beacause of the life time of the battery  from 2years to 5years depending on the use right ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I would say that is a good assessment of how long a notebook battery will last.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.