Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc000nv (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I have a pavillion bc000nv laptop (14 months), and recently I realised that my battery is not charging fully.
When battery reaches 62% it stops charging and it says:

62% available (plugged in, not charging).

I runned a component test and battery and ac adapter passed.

Help.
Thnx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NIKIKUKO,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@NIKIKUKO,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While I wait for the answers, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If the issue persists, I recommend you update the bios the from the below link and test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi,

- Few Weeks ago my Laptop was fine, since i Updated to new bios i think i got this battery issue.
I perfomed the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows Application Componnent tests here and both battery and adapter test failed with failure id:

94S9XR-8HP96W-MFPX7F-C0EB03

Thnx!

HP Recommended

@NIKIKUKO,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

after two months and several updates, the problem seems that it fixed by itself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.