Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen dc0078tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

4B9F9B6F-E6CB-4243-8ADD-E1D8A32C651A.jpegIs it standard that battery can charge around 200 cycles? I think it may be up to 1000 cycles. My country agent said it depend on my use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SilentWinter

You could refer to this 3rd party Link: https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-extending-lithium-ion-battery-life/ for tips on how to extend the battery life.

Please Note this is not an HP Website and HP is not responsible for any Ads that might pop up

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@SilentWinter It ideally depends on your usage, however, if you have any battery related issues,

I suggest you test and calibrate the battery:

The maximum capacity of a battery changes over time. Because of this change in battery capacity, the charge level indicator in Windows might not show 100% charged. To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this document to test your battery and calibrate it if necessary. Calibrating the battery resets the battery gauge to accurately display the charge level in Windows. In this document, two methods of testing and calibrating the battery are explained. Also, a manual method for calibrating the battery is presented.

NOTE: 

Depending on which version of Windows or Diagnostics you are using, the information and graphics in this document might vary slightly.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So, was200 cycles average cycle not 1000 as shown in HP assistance? If it has way to get higher cycles, i would like u to suggest.

and that solution i also try too!

TIA

HP Recommended

@SilentWinter Did you go through the link I shared? and use the steps to resolve the issue? If not, please do and get back to me with the results as it has the details you need.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already test my battery via HP assistance and diagnostic. Result show that my battery is "Weak (30)", status (C0) and Failure ID is "6CW54J-96C9QM-MFPW3G-C0AV23". After click the failure ID, it show "Critical, The test found a problem with the battery and it may need to be replaced."

I also try  to charge battery and can fully charge only 73%.

It also show "BLOWN_FUSE" . i should change the pack right?

HP Recommended

@SilentWinter Yes, I'm afraid you do need to change the battery, the failure ID you've mentioned has been decoded to represent "Battery 1" failure, error 601, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks alot, I’m going to change it ASAP.

I have one more question. How to use laptop to reach 1000 cycle of battery? The design cycle show that 1000, so im not sure which my usage only 1/4 of design cycle. 

HP Recommended

@SilentWinter

You could refer to this 3rd party Link: https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-extending-lithium-ion-battery-life/ for tips on how to extend the battery life.

Please Note this is not an HP Website and HP is not responsible for any Ads that might pop up

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank to both of you, Riddle and Crazy toad!

HP Recommended

@SilentWinter

You are welcome. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.