Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

  Hello, I’ve been having trouble with my battery not charging on my laptop. Note: I have tried more than one battery. The same thing happened with both.

• The charging light comes on when plugged in.
  • The battery icon says “1% (plugged in)” but never charges.
  • Sometimes I’ll get a pop up telling me to plug in my device even though it is plugged in and the light is on.
  • All drivers are updated, as is the BIOS.
  • The cord appears in-tact.
  • My laptop will lock and shut down after only a few minutes of using it while the battery is plugged in.
  • The laptop operates perfectly fine when I take the battery out.
  • A while back, I had the battery replaced. That batter was at 100% when I got it and it worked fine until it was depleted, so it obviously never charged.
  • In the past, my battery icon would say “plugged in, charging”.
  • I’ve tried holding the power button down while it was unplugged, both with the battery in and with it out.

Here are some photos I was able to take before my laptop locked, along with the battery.

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5442.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Rachel561,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are facing issues with the battery.

Is this a brand-new battery?

Meanwhile, test the battery and keep me posted on the results. Click here

Hope this helps! 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.