Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15s-fq1006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting a battery alert and asking to replace battery .

Got a 24 digit code also- 0LP6JC-A47BGW-MFPU2J-C0DA23

what are the options for this

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PC_UK2,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

When your laptop displays a 24-digit error/failure code, that almost always indicates a catastrophic failure of some kind.  HP's failure code link is down at the moment, and I will follow up once I am able to get through to give you the specifics of your error code.

Your HP Notebook 15s-Fq1006na (8UD07EA) requires this HP p/n: L11119-855 battery ("Assembly-battery 3C 41W 3.6A LI HT03XL").

A quality HT03XL replacement battery can be purchased online, such as this purchase example: https://www.amazon.com/L11119-855-Battery-Pavilion-L11421-421-HSTNN-LB8M/dp/B08S6P7Z21/ref=sr_1_1_ss....

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Does your battery charge up to 80% or more?

Have you noticed that the current capacity drops off sharply after, say 50%?

The HP Battery Check utility, according to the HP Diagnostics is stating that your notebook's battery may need replacement.

Personally, I would use the Battery Report utility that is part of Windows before purchasing a new battery.

Let the Battery Report tell you what the actual state of the battery is compared to how it was when the notebook was new.

Here is a link to an KnowlegeBase article that I wrote that details how to invoke and use the Battery Report utility.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Is-your-notebook-plugged-in-and-not-charging/...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@PC_UK2,

Thanks to diagnostic-link info provided by @ferRX, here is what your error message means:

NonSequitur777_0-1675119406046.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

Does your battery charge up to 80% or more?
Have you noticed that the current capacity drops off sharply after, say 50%?

The HP Battery Check utility, according to the HP Diagnostics is stating that your notebook's battery may need replacement.

Personally, I would use the Battery Report utility that is part of Windows before purchasing a new battery.

Let the Battery Report tell you what the actual state of the battery is compared to how it was when the notebook was new.

Here is a link to an KnowlegeBase article that I wrote that details how to invoke and use the Battery Report utility.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Is-your-notebook-plugged-in-and-not-charging/...

Hello @erico

I would like to kindly point out that the knowledge base link contains an invalid character U at the end and is therefore not accessible.

Correct link reads:

Notebooks Knowlede Base: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging? Author: Erico [Expert]

Kind regards

HP Recommended

@ub6424 

Thanks.

I corrected it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.