Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-bw0008nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Today, battery in HP Envy 17 stopped working. I cannot turn on notebook without power supply connected. When I disconnect charger, notebook instantly turns off. Also, at the same time, short strange scratchy sound is coming out of notebook body, reminding HDD read/write noise, but louder, shorter and appearing only occasionally, especially when Windows is loading. But read/write low noise of my secondary HDD is appearing at the same time.

Notebook is running Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1903. System has all latest HP drivers updated, including BIOS and firmware.

Windows is showing battery status as connected and fully charged.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Battery Test is displaying as Passed. HDD test passed (no read/write errors).

Have no clue what is going on, here.

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Peter_Akuratny

Thank you for joining the HP Community

uninstall battery compliance from the device manager.

Follow the below steps.

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Restart the computer.

Update the BIOS for your computer using this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-17-bw0000-laptop-pc-series/20283127/model/2...

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply. Followed all the steps, this did not solved the issue. Looks like I will need to send the notebook to the service. 😞

HP Recommended

@Peter_Akuratny

Appreciate all your time and efforts, this could be an issue with the battery or the connector.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support. 

Click here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

Make sure you select the Country and Region.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.