Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-r014tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was assigned the technician for my laptop as it was under warranty.

Before opening my laptop the technician checked all the component tests all parts were passed.

But suddenly after the technician assembled my laptop & started it on power cord it was working fine,

next time when I started my laptop after technician was gone it showed up an error

Primary Battery need to be replaced :(601) 

There were no signs of battery draining as I was using it since 2 years .

But all of sudden after technician opened & assembled laptop battery died .

Its booting up on power cord but not on battery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @shubh_kulkarni,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear your battery is charging and laptop is booting without any errors, now you have an issue with the battery charge is discharging rapidly. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's start with updating the BIOS and the Chipset drivers to the latest version using the Official HP website for drivers and downloads: Click here to find it.

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Resetting the ACPI battery driver may take care of this. There will be a hard reset mixed in as well, so the two methods combined typically help a lot with battery issues.

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer.

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If this had an impact, it should behave differently.

If not, Press the power button and then tap the F2 key to invoke the startup menu.

Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

I hope this should help to resolve this issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @shubh_kulkarni,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting an Internal error 601 on your HP notebook. Don't worry, I'll try my best to help you with this,

Download and run the stand-alone battery test utility available on the page below and see if this reports any problems with your battery. Here is the link.

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

Couple of things that you could try here is

Updating the BIOS (Notebooks)

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

For more steps, please follow this link.

Also, Go through them all and let me know what you have determined is causing the issue. The first document has the most relevant troubleshooting if your battery appears to be not charging.

Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Battery Charging Delayed When Operating Notebook in High Ambient Temperatures

Battery Does Not Charge when Using a Voltage Adapter with the Power Adapter

Battery Indicator Light Turns On and Off While Battery is Charging

To understand more about how your battery works: Click here

For more assistance, please follow this link: HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello  @Jeet_singh  Sir,

Now suddenly my laptop battery is getting charged & laptop is booting up without any error (601) .

Earlier yesterday it was showing PRIMARY BATTERY : Failed in battery utility test & UEFI : primary battery failed                       REPLACE(41) error.    

But now all of it has gone suddenly but now my battery is draining fast as compared to earlier & system is getting hang                        again & again.

It would be beneficial if I would get help on the phone from hp. 

Contact No: +[Personal Information Removed]

email id :[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi @shubh_kulkarni,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear your battery is charging and laptop is booting without any errors, now you have an issue with the battery charge is discharging rapidly. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Let's start with updating the BIOS and the Chipset drivers to the latest version using the Official HP website for drivers and downloads: Click here to find it.

You will need to Understand Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology: Click here for details

Resetting the ACPI battery driver may take care of this. There will be a hard reset mixed in as well, so the two methods combined typically help a lot with battery issues.

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer.

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

If this had an impact, it should behave differently.

If not, Press the power button and then tap the F2 key to invoke the startup menu.

Run a battery test using F2 (during restart), if the test failed: 

Check with an alternate battery. 

I hope this should help to resolve this issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Jeet_singh Sir,
I actually wanted to order recovery media for my laptop to recover it to factory version windows 8.1.
Can you please help me out in it.
What would be charges for it to get delivered to my location.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, request you to Click on the link: www.hp.com/contacthp  and follow the on-screen instructions to contact phone support to order a copy of the recovery kit. 

Keep me posted. 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.