Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertible 13 L0Q52UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to replace the battery which has swollen. I first need to know what battery to get and secondly I need to purchase the correct Torx screw driver. The laptop has worked well and it still does but I need to get the battery changed as soon as possible. I am very good at fixing these things but have received no help from HP support when I called them. Finally is there a way to upgrade my memory from 8 gig to 16 gig? The information that I received said that the 8 gig already installed is non-removable.  Thanks for helping.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mbs6132003 

First off, HP does have a battery replacement program but you would have to contact HP Customer Support directly to see about your eligibility and the process of getting it replaced.  

To contact HP Support see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Goto this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

Second, WHY do you feel you need to upgrade the 8GB of memory? If you are looking for improved performance, that is wasting your money because you would not notice any change over the existing 8GB.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding. I do lots of testing and use Oracle Virtual Box for my Virtual machines. As you probably know, each virtual machine needs a certain amount of memory. In my case, approximately 2 to three gig. Most of these VM's are Linux based but one is Windows 10 based. At times, I run 2 VM's at the same time, they work but very slow. My laptop sometimes "thrashes" which means it is doing more paging then I/O.  That is why I need more memory. I am not looking at buying another laptop. So, I need:

1) A new battery and the Torx screwdriver to open the case. I have been unable to find one on-line.

2) An additional 8 gigs of memory.

3) If possible, replacing my 500 GB SSD with a 1 TB SSD. I do have an external drive but I would prefer it to be internal.

The battery is most important with the memory second.  My laptop is no longer under warranty but I can do this myself. Understand, I am retired so since I like my laptop, I would prefer not to buy a new one.

If HP can help with the parts that would be great. On-line instruction manual to do this would help as well.

Thank you,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.