02-14-2020 07:39 AM
I've lot of problems with the battery of my notebook.
Sometimes it shows error 601... battery too low... at startup
- after entering get at least one hour working with '0% battery'
- after 1 - 2 hours it will show ... 'battery too low'.
- when ac code connects shows ... '0% not charging' and works fine.
- In 2 hours battery indicator will show ... '100% not charging'
Sometimes no problem, boots without any battery message and works fine for 3-4 hours
Now the real problem is can't check the battery in HP PC Hardware diagnostics or HP Support Assistant.
Always cancels automatically.
Below is the screenshots
Is there any solution to..
1. solve error 601 - tried uninstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, battery disconnect etc.. etc...
2. solve battery check problem
02-18-2020 03:13 PM
@KPBKumar To confirm, do you mean the issue is now resolved? Please elaborate.
Also, if the issue is intermittent, I suggest you reinstall the battery drivers using the below steps and try again:
Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)
8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-19-2020 09:36 PM
Thank for the suggestion...
But no cure.
Step 5 in the list not appears in this system. When I click uninstall in ... Method Battery", it just disappears, no prompt to remove the current driver.
After refresh, again this appears in the "Batteries".
Is there any other way to remove the battery driver and reinstall.
Can I delete the files from system32/drivers.
and the problem is still on.
In one or two day once the notebook seems OK. works in battery for 3-4 hours. When charger connects problem starts.
Now, I'm working in the same system for half an hour on battery.
Battery showed low at startup and on windows start message also.
and the battery button shows, still not connected AC power, works good.
Will you please suggest anything to solve this.
I can't trust the PC in the case of battery.
I think a battery change will not help.
Thank you again.
02-20-2020 12:53 PM
@KPBKumar Deleting the entire folder for drivers, may not be a good idea, that said, I suggest you perform a calibration and test on the battery: click here for the details and get back to us with the results,
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee