Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-ae104ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Some time ago I dropped my laptop while the lid was open and now the lid is bent and the display is slightly damaged. I am interested in how much a repair would cost since the laptop is about one and a half years old and was quite expensive. The damage is purely a visual annoyance at the moment, however I am concerned about possible damage that the hinges may have received. Ideally the entire lid (including the screen and the hinges) would be replaced. I have created an Imgur album here that shows what I am talking about. What do you think?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@chocolate_cow

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that your HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae104ng laptop fell down and the lid got bent. Also, the display is slightly damaged, I read that you would like to know how much the cost would be to get it repaired. 

I recommend you to contact our HP phone support to explore the available hardware service options for your laptop. All repairs happen through our the phone support and they would also let you know the cost involved in setting up a service. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.