Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ57-215SI
Linux

I've got an HP Compaq Presario CQ57-215SI.

CPU: Intel Celeron 925@2.3GHz
Motherboard: HP 3676 v29.2B (serial: [Personal Information Removed])

I can upgrade to 8GB RAM and a 12 cell battery, but I'd like to find out what the best CPU/Motherboard combo is that the laptop can take?  Or even just the best CPU my current motherboard can take?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Arno89 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade the processor and motherboard.

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

I have checked the manual ( page number 18)

Your laptop support following processor and motherboard.

Processor (includes replacement thermal material):

Intel Pentium P6300 2.26-GHz processor (3.0-MB L3 cache, dual core, 35 W) 635500-001

Intel Pentium P6200 2.13-GHz processor (3.0-MB L3 cache, dual core, 35 W) 625831-001

Intel Celeron DC T3500 2.10-GHz processor (1.0-MB L2 cache, 800-MHz FSB) 625830-001

Intel Celeron SC C925 2.30-GHz processor (1.0-MB L2 cache, 800-MHz FSB) 636636-001

Intel Celeron SC C900 2.20-GHz processor (1.0-MB L2 cache, 800-MHz FSB) 534419-001

System board (includes replacement thermal material):

For use only with computer models equipped with an AMD E350 1.60-GHz processor (dual core, 18-W) and a graphics subsystem with UMA video memory 647320-001

For use only with computer models equipped with an AMD E240 1.50-GHz processor (single core, 18-W) and a graphics subsystem with UMA video memory 647322-001

For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel Pentium processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete video memory 646176-001

For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel Pentium processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA video memory 646175-001

For use only with computer models equipped with an Intel Celeron processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA video memory 646174-001

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can conatct the local service center for upgrade.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.