Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-df0000 x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My daughter is taking movie production and editing this year and the laptop just don’t have enough of something?!? Lol it crawls when she is editing. Can I upgrade the graphics or something externally to help the situation? 
Money is tight this year I’m just trying to get her through the next six months

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From my understanding most laptops unlike the towers of the desktop pc are made not  to be upgradable. I personally have not been around a laptop long enough to know  a whole lot on the matter.

Thomas Lohse
Long time HP user owner and supporter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Chris23231 

I need to be frank about this situation -- as the Service Manual for your model states clearly that only Authorized Service Providers are to access the internals.  While of course, this can not prevent you from prying it apart and messing around with the internals, what this means is that NONE of the components are designed to be replaced by the consumer.

Not only will you violate the warranty by by prying it open, you will almost certainly damage something in the process.

These newer laptops are not designed to have the owners replace any of the parts.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

From my understanding most laptops unlike the towers of the desktop pc are made not  to be upgradable. I personally have not been around a laptop long enough to know  a whole lot on the matter.

Thomas Lohse
Long time HP user owner and supporter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.