Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had inputted the key for Microsoft office,  it said it successfully installed.  Went to install webroot AV software got an error code that it Could possibly be an issue with firewall or code was used too many times.   Closed out the program.  Then got a message to update the Bios.  The computer is brand new out of the box.  Should i return it?  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Nothing you have said would cause me to return it. Even though it is new that does not mean a new BIOS version has not been issued since it was placed in the box at the factory. Are you having a problem with MS Office? I would only return it if there is a hardware issue as you can always reinstall software. 

HP Recommended

The only issue that I am having that I noticed is when I open office even though it says successfully installed it still shows an option to install?  And the web root AV always shows an error.  I did run the mcafee and it says no issues found.  

HP Recommended

There is a trial version of Office on the computer and if you install from a download from the Office 365 site you may have both versions on the computer. Do you have Office 365 installed with a subscription? How did you get the Code? It seems also you have a webroot problem that likely has nothing to do with the computer itself. You might likely have these issues even if you return this laptop and get another. 

HP Recommended

I purchased Microsoft 365 so the installation key was found on my software card I was given at the store.  What issue would I have with webroot?  It is new also?  

HP Recommended

I am not a webroot expert. If I were I would need to know a bit more about the error messages you are getting. I would uninstall it and try again. It appears you likely have two copies of Office 365 on the computer. Did you download it from the Microsoft site or just use the key to activate the version on the computer already?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.